With over 100 acts and over 1300 performing artists, Taiwan’s Taiwan Beats showcase is the place to be at this years SXSW.
The annual multimedia festival that takes place in Austin brings in artists from all over the world. This year it will introduce six Taiwanese indie artists and groups for their first ever U.S. performances.
Taiwan’s incredibly thriving indie scene is full of everything: from indie dream pop, shoegaze, and psych, to math rock and electronic avant-garde pop – you can find it all here at 2019 SXSW “Taiwan Beats” Showcase!
This year’s lineup at SXSW includes:
- The Fur, a fluffy and comfy band that combines dream and indie pop perfectly.
- Elephant Gym, the math rock band that create unique rhythms with constantly changing but precise beats.
- I Mean Us, the dream sounding shoegaze pop band that enjoys singing “cheesy songs.”
- Chiu Pi, a self-producing and composing musician who expresses himself through electronic beats with hundreds of songs he’s released.
- My Skin Against Your Skin, one of Taiwan’s most popular and loved rock bands who uniquely create guitar sounds and effects using special equipment and just one bass.
- EggPlantEgg, a band who takes pride in their ethnicity and promoting the language of their people through showcasing and combining contemporary and traditional sounds.
Taiwan Beats Spotlight will take place at Elysium (705 Red River St), on Wednesday, March 13th, from 8pm – 2am.
Don’t miss a beat! See it all live on stage by attending SXSW 2019.