This Throwback Thursday, we are talking all about this years KCON LA – this year, fans who could not attend were able to catch highlights of the convention by tuning in to the official live stream via the KCON website!
As many of you know, the KCON experience does not only celebrate Korean pop music; it packages a whole Korean cultural experience which includes K-Dramas, Korean films, Korean Fashion, K-Beauty, and of course Korean food! And at the end of each evening, the massive concerts create cheers and tears from the over 20,000 fans.
There was a bonus at this years convention – Friday culminated in the first ever KCON Rookies Concert. LA attendees were able to see ATEEZ, LOONA, and AB6IX introduce themselves, play games and perform ahead of the main concert events.
This was definitely the year for female artists to reign at KCON 2019. Fans showed their love for MAMAMOO and fromis_9, but without a doubt the same fans showed their love and support for newcomers ITZY and LOONA.
Even though we missed Chung Ha’s US debut, fans still enjoyed and cheered for IZ*ONE and MOMOLAND. The males made us scream and cry, but females ruled this year at KCON 2019. Some of our highlights from the night included:
- MinHyun rejoining NU’EST to perform ‘Déjà vu’ for the first time. All five members graced the stage to adoring screaming fans.
- The 12-member rookie girl group LOONA firing up the stage floor with their fiery covers of BTS, NCT 127, and Seventeen.
- NFlying’s homage to Queen with a heartfelt medley; fans young and old enjoyed the quartet’s rendition of classics including ‘We Will Rock You’, ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’, ‘Radio Gaga’, ‘We Are the Champions’, and ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’.
- The sexy fusion of ‘O Sole Mio’ performed by SF9; dressed in black and white they serenaded the audience in Korean, Spanish and English.
- JYP’s ITZY rocked the stage with their moves and their outfits. Yes, they are a rookie girl group, but you can see they have a strong future.
- Seventeen turned it up with the chorus of ‘Aju Nice’; Tthe crowd went crazy as the boys teased us by saying good-bye then breaking into the chorus not once, not twice, but three times.
We are all eagerly looking forward to seeing what K-Pop and KCON 2020 have in store for us.